An easy-to-access region in the heart of Europe
Access from Netherlands
1h30 from Amsterdam to Clermont-Ferrand with HOP! Air France, 4 direct flights per week: https://www.clermont-aeroport.com/en/amsterdam
1h30 with Flybe or KLM to Lyon: https://www.lyonaeroports.com/vols-et-destinations/vols-lyon-amsterdam
Otherwise, regular train connections via Paris Gare du Nord / Thalys
Access from United Kingdom
- London - Gatwick Airport (LGW)
operated by easyJet (6 flights per week).
- London Luton Airport (LTN)
operated by easyJet (13 flights per week).
- London Heathrow Airport (LHR)
operated by British Airways (20 flights per week).
- London Airport - Southend (SEN)
4 weekly flights operated by Flybe on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
- London Airport - Stansted (STN)
2 weekly flights operated by jet2 from 23 December 2017 to 22 April 2018.
From April 1 to October 25, 2019 with Ryan Air, flights every Monday and Friday.
Flights every Monday and Friday from Clermont-Ferrand airport.
Access from Germany
Jet lag: 0 h
Flights from Berlin
- Distance: 975 km
- Flight time: 1 h 50
Flights from Düsseldorf
- Distance: 795 km
- Flight time: 1 h 15
Flights from Frankfurt
- Distance: 562 km
- Flight time: 1 h 25
Flights from Munich
- Distance: 735 km
- Flight time: 1 h 20
Flights from Nuremberg
- Distance: 623 km
- Flight time: 1 h 16
Flights from Stuttgart
- Distance: 469 km
- Flight time: 1 h 15
Access from Canada
Montreal to Lyon, two airlines:
- AIR CANADA: all year, from 4 to 5 flights per week
- From the beginning of April to the end of October: 5 times a week (Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays)
- From late October to late March: 4 times a week (Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays).
- AIR TRANSAT: from 2 to 5 flights, from the end of April to the beginning of November. Accessibility all year round by TGV Air. Arrival at Terminal 3, ten minutes walk from the TGV station, two hours by train to Lyon.
- From late April to mid-June, 2 flights per week (Tuesdays & Saturdays)
- From June 17 to September 29: 5 flights per week (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays)
- From 1st to 20th of October: 3 flights
- From 21 to 31 October: 2 flights per week
Access from Israel
Tel Aviv to Lyon, two airlines:
- Two weekly flights (Monday and Friday
- Three weekly flights (July to October, Monday, Wednesday and Friday)
- Two to four weekly flights (from October 21st: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday)
- 3 weekly flights (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday) except the months of November and January: 2 weekly flights
Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes by plane
Lyon Saint Exupéry international airport (www.lyonaeroports.com)
The third-largest French airport and multimodal hub gives direct access to 115 destinations. It is a major point of access in Europe. Accessible destinations include Germany, Spain, UK and Italy,…
Several routes with European destinations are available.
Geneva International Airport (www.gva.ch)
Information for visitors to France can be found at the Visitor’s Centre.
Two airports for use during the winter season
Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes by train
International Transportation Service (Large-line Trains)
- Connection with Brussels : Thalys (as well as Thalys Soleil and Thalys Neige) and high-speed train from Brussels to Lyon
- Connection with London: Eurostar London – Lyon high-speed train and “Eurostar des neiges”
- Connection with Barcelona: Train from Barcelona – Lyon
- Connections with Turin and Milan: high-speed train from Lyon
International routes: www.oui.sncf
National Transportation Service: National lines run between Rhône-Alpes and a number of destinations in France, mostly by high-speed train.
National routes: www.oui.sncf
Regional Transportation Service: Express regional trains cover the whole region, ensuring regular connections that run between mountain resorts and large cities in the region.
Regional express trains: www.ter-sncf.com.
Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes by car/bus
With more than 1,300 kilometers of highway, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes is one of the best-serviced regions in France for roadways.
More information on: www.viamichelin.com